Today, HDB launched 8,952 flats for sale in a mix of mature and non-mature towns/estates under the Nov 2013 joint Build-To-Order (BTO) and Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise. This is HDB’s largest joint BTO and SBF exercise so far.
2This launch brings the total BTO flat supply in 2013 to 25,139 units, in line with HDB’s commitment to launch 25,000 BTO flats for sale this year. Together with the 7,074 balance flats offered under the May and Nov 2013 SBF exercises, as well as an additional 1,355 bonus 2-room flats in the Jul and Sep 2013 BTO exercises, HDB has offered a total of 33,568 flats for sale in 2013 to meet the housing demand of our people.
3HDB will offer 4,978 BTO flats over six projects in five non-mature towns, namely Bukit Batok, Hougang, Jurong West, Sembawang and Woodlands. A wide range of flats, including Studio Apartments (SAs), 2-room to 5-room flats, as well as 3Gen flats, is offered to meet the diverse housing needs of first-timers, second-timers, multi-generation families, elderly and singles.
4First-timers will continue to enjoy priority flat allocation with at least 85% (for 4-room and 5-room) and 70% (for 2-room and 3-room) of the BTO flat supply in non-mature towns/estates set aside for them. Eligible singles can submit their applications to buy a 2-room flat in Admiralty Grove or West Ridges @ Bukit Batok. Applicants with a multi-generation family comprising at least a married/courting couple and their parent(s) listed in the application will also be eligible to purchase a 3Gen flat in Boon Lay View.
5The Multi-Generation Priority Scheme1 (MGPS) for parents and married children to apply jointly for flats in the same BTO project will be available to those applying for flats at Admiralty Grove, Hougang Meadow, Boon Lay View and West Ridges @ Bukit Batok. In addition, 50% of the SA supply in Hougang Meadow will be reserved for eligible elderly applicants under the Studio Apartment Priority Scheme (SAPS).
1 Under the MGPS, HDB will set aside up to 15% of the SAs, 2-room and 3-room flats in a BTO project (subject to a minimum of 20 units each) for parents applying under Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS). The same number of 2-room and bigger flats will be set aside in the same BTO project for their married children.
Eligible first-timer households can enjoy up to $60,000 of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (up to $40,000) and Special CPF Housing Grant (up to $20,000). With these grants, 2-room, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats will be priced from as low as $15,000, $106,000, $201,000 and $297,000 respectively (Table 1). Further details can be found in Annex A1
Table 1: Nov 2013 BTO Prices
1) * Come in two sizes of 35 sqm (Type 1) and 45 sqm (Type 2).
Flat Type #
Selling Price (Excluding Grants@)
|BTO Projects in Non-Mature Estates|
2) ^ The assumed housing grants are meant for applicants applying as a family nucleus or two singles under the Joint Singles Scheme for a 2-room BTO flat. SHG is also applicable only to 2-room, 3-room and 4-room flats in the non-mature estates:
i) 2-room flat: $60,000 (comprising AHG of $40,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
ii) 3-room flat: $50,000 (comprising AHG of $30,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iii) 4-room flat: $35,000 (comprising AHG of $15,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iv) 5-room flat / 3Gen: $10,000 (AHG only)
The actual grant amounts vary based on income and choice of flat type. Read more on various CPF Housing Grants available.
3) # SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes. 50% of the supply is set aside for the SA Priority Scheme under which eligible applicants can right-size to an SA in the same town as or within 2 km from their current flat/property, or apply for an SA to live near or with parents/married child.
4) @ Singles who apply under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme will pay $15,000 more than the married couples. Eligible singles can also apply for AHG and SHG. The actual grant amounts will vary based on income. Read more on the various CPF Housing Grants available.
7HDB will offer another 3,974 balance flats in 11 non-mature and 13 mature towns/estates under the SBF Exercise. They comprise 502 SAs, 405 2-room, 818 3-room, 1,644 4-room, 595 5-room flats and 10 Executive flats.
8Flats offered under the SBF Exercise are reserved for families. At least 95% of the supply of balance flats (excluding SAs) will be set aside for first-timers. In addition, 50% of the SAs will be set aside for eligible elderly flat applicants under the SAPS.
SBF flats come in a wide range of flat types, locations and selling prices (Table 2). About 14% are already completed, while the remaining 86% are under construction. Pricing details and applicable ethnic quotas of the SBF flats offered are in Annex A2
Table 2: Summary of Nov 2013 SBF Prices
1) ^The assumed housing grants are meant for applicants applying as a family nucleus. SHG is also applicable only to 2-room, 3-room and 4-room flats in the non-mature estates:
(inclusive of Grants)^
i) 2-room flat: $60,000 (comprising AHG of $40,000, and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
2) # SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes. 50% of the supply is set aside for the SA Priority Scheme under which eligible applicants can right-size to an SA in the same town as or within 2 km from their current flat/property, or apply for an SA to live near or with parents/married child.
ii) 3-room flat: $50,000 (comprising AHG of $30,000, and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iii) 4-room flat: $35,000 (comprising AHG of $15,000, and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iv) 5-room flat: $10,000 (AHG only)
Actual Grant amount will vary based on income and choice of flat. Read more on various CPF Housing Grants available.
3) Please refer to esales.hdb.gov.sg to check the lease commencement date of each block.
10Applicants are strongly advised to apply for a BTO flat in non-mature towns/ estates to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat. Though SBF flats have a shorter waiting time to completion, the number of units in each town is small and is likely to attract high application rates.
11Regular updates on the number of applications submitted for the various flat types/towns/estates will be published on the HDB InfoWEB. Applicants are advised to check for updates before submitting their application.
12Applications for new flats launched in the Nov 2013 BTO and SBF Exercises can be submitted online on the HDB InfoWEB from today, 26 Nov 2013 (Tuesday) to 2 Dec 2013 (Monday). Applicants can apply for only one flat type/category in one town/estate under either the BTO or SBF Exercise.
More details on the application procedures can be found in Annex B
14For enquiries, the public can:
- Log on to esales.hdb.gov.sg; or
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Visit the HDB Sales Office to speak with our Customer Relations Executives during office hours (Mon to Fri 8 am to 5 pm, Saturday 8 am to 1 pm).
In Jan 2014, HDB will offer about 3,150 BTO flats in Bukit Batok, Jurong West, Punggol, Serangoon and Woodlands. More information on the flats to be offered under the Jan 2014 BTO Exercise is available on the HDB InfoWEB