EM Services was formed in 1988 to offer estate management, engineering, contracts administration and project management services to Town Councils. HDB holds a 75% stake in the subsidiary, while Keppel Land Ltd holds the remaining 25% stake.

During the year, EM Services maintained its position as the largest managing agent for public housing in Singapore. It managed about 740,000 units of residential and commercial properties on behalf of Town Councils. The company provided essential maintenance and lift maintenance services to Town Councils, property management services to both private and Government agencies, and also housing agency services. In addition, it installed and upgraded lifts in various HDB housing estates under the Lift Upgrading Programme.

The total revenue and management fees of the company for FY2019/ 2020 was $122 million.